Thursday, September 2, 2010

Initial Conceptual Ideas

Skateboard designs appear to be all about imitating the ride of a surfboard or snowboard on land/dirt, there are already plenty of designs that focus on this so I doubt I will make this the focus of my design. However I will keep this in mind as it is obviously a crucial part of skating culture. Board shapes and styles are dictated by their intended functionality, there is no "official" skateboard design but the most easily recognisable are longboards and street style boards. This research has triggered ideas so I have started sketching concepts, although I still have not decided on what variant of the skateboard I will work from or with I am leaning towards Roadboards. This is an area I have not seen investigated in my research so far, and I think there is potential to develop a concept designed soley to be ridden on the road under similar conditions to a moped.

No comments:

Post a Comment